Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lakers Trade Talk

Feeling Like Waldo
Let me start off by saying that ONLY the lakers would get robbed of a perfectly legit trade by the NBA.  The trade that the lakers tried to make for chris paul was just as fair and maybe even better than the trade that was allowed with the clippers.  The commissioner was just afraid that he would look as though he had a laker bias but whatever.  What's done is done, but that mishap has led to the loss of a disgruntled Lamar Odom, and started the ball rolling on Gasol's ever descending confidence.  Now that's all done, it is what it is, but David Stern single handedly put the lakers in a hole this year!!!!   Now, on to Dwight Howard.  I still feel like the lakers have a shot at him but I honestly don't think he is worth giving up both Gasol and Bynum for unless we get Jameer Nelson in the Deal.  The size of Gasol and Bynum is still a huge advantage, I'd rather see them move some other pieces to at least get a decent point guard.  One of the more recent rumors is that the lakers are looking at bringing in Michael Beasley from the wolves.  I live in Minnesota so I watch almost every game that beasley is a part of.  I will not argue his talent for one second, but he is inconsistant and often seems to wreck the wolves chemistry all by himself.  If the lakers can get him for a pick or a couple of out bench players fine, but if they end up getting gasol out of LA, the lakers are in deep shit!!!!  My basic philosophy around trades for the lakers is that they don't move gasol unless they can make a significant upgrade at point guard.  The trade idea that I like the most is Carl Landry and Luis Scola for Gasol, I think that would be a decent trade for both teams!!!!  I guess we still have a few weeks to see what happens, I'm just praying that the lakers do SOMETHING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment